For many years the 1st floor of my home was bathed in jewel tones…very rich. In January I had the 1st floor painted Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray which I am loving. But it is a whole new ballgame now! Fortunately for me all the furniture works (and that’s good because I love every piece I have and would not give any of it up!!!). The drapes in my Breakfast Room had to go though. I didn’t want to spend a fortune on replacing them right now…so I confess I made them. Now I am a girl with a workroom and a taste for very beautiful expensive fabric and trim so this is a real departure for me to admit that I did this…Oh my! and worse yet I can sew beautifully! Oh oh my!
I bought some very inexpensive fabric in a soft gray slubby solid that drapes beautifully. I measured then cut four panels from the fabric, got out my trusty iron and used glue tape to hem all around…then turned over the top to form a pocket and glued that down with the tape…Oh my! It took me about 3 hours to make all four and cost me about $100. Oh my!
They are simple rod pocket drapes, unlined and will not last like the ones that I could have had my workroom make for me…but that’s ok cause if I get tired of them I can throw them away without guilt. Oh my! They are quite elegant draping nicely with a couple inches of break on the floor. I am loving them!
This is a Do It Yourself success. I am thinking of having a workshop on this…no kidding! Oh my!